Friday 18 June 2010

Jackets off… Time for a formal introduction

After my last post I realised how rude I have been! Let me introduce myself, I’m Red. Born and bred a Londoner, I have always been surrounded by life and culture. I love watching people; be it walking down the street or on the tube, every face has a story. As a voyeur, I relish the chance to watch the lives of those around me, but as an enjoyer I thrive on the drama created by not only myself, but those around me too.

The best days of my London childhood were always the weekends. Long lie-ins and lunches at my family’s favourite Italian place, which when lucky was followed by afternoons of window shopping at Harvey Nicks.
The great thing with London is that you can be surrounded by rich conservative dressers in designer suits one minute, and the a bus ride later you can be swimming in a sea of platformed goths in Camden or indie kids in Portobello. Fashion and art are so relevant in London, one of the globe’s cultural capitals, and even better it’s only a train ride from the romantic capitals of Europe.

I have always been consumed by the idea of fashion and romance. Not necessarily people’s love for material things, but that how we dress is affected by our life and mood. (A large part of which can be manipulated by our emotions and relationships with other people.)

So I hope you enjoy my thoughts and ideas.

Lots of Love

The London Red

No comments:

Post a Comment